How To Close A Business

One of the most difficult decisions can be to close a business. Here's how you do it.

If you have made the decision to close your business, you must finalise with the relevant authorities which include the Companies Office of Jamaica (COJ), Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ), National Housing Trust (NHT), National Insurance Scheme (NIS) and can include other industry-specific agencies. ENSURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PROCEED. THERE ARE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO ASSIST SUCH AS THE TAX HELP LINE AT THE TAJ AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AT COJ.